Back pains caused by a bad back are common among many people, mainly driven by medical reasons or strenuous activities. When this occurs, cleaning can be a big challenge because of pain triggering. That is the reason why the best vacuum cleaner for bad back will be ideal for you.
This cleaner ensures that you don’t strain your back when carrying out your cleaning duties. The vacuum cleaner should not be heavy rather lightweight to enable you to maneuver with ease. Vacuuming does not have to be a problematic household chore once you invest in a lightweight vacuum cleaner for a bad back.
Simple Chore Tips For Back Pain
If you have back pain, there are ways you can avoid that pain while doing your daily chores. According to research, a significant number of people are prone to having back pain at one point in their lives. However, at times, we are to blame for the pain because of the activities we indulge in that end up straining the back.
Let Us Look At Some Chore Tips For Back Pain:
- When vacuuming or using a mop, avoid bending your waist to prevent straining muscles of your back. Keep moving your shoulders, legs, and hips as you carry on with your chores without twisting your back. Our upper body should be upright as you work; if you want to make any movements move forward with one foot, use your knee to bend slightly.
- When doing dishes, avoid cleaning a lot of dishes all at once because by doing that, you call for back pain. Standing close to the sink makes you take on a bent posture as you scrub the dishes, which is not wise because you end up triggering the discs in the spinal column hence causing pain. To keep your back upright when cleaning dishes, place one foot inside the cabinet, which will make you squat down. If you reach the sink easily, you will not strain your back; instead, it will remain upright, eliminating the pain caused by the waist’s bending.
- If you keep bending your waist over and over, your back muscles will be strained. What you should do is as you bend to pick something, use your right hand, then lift the left leg to balance yourself. It may seem not very easy, but it is achievable or else support yourself with the left hand by placing it on a surface within your reach.
While it is important to do your chores every day, your health should come first, and that involves moving your body the right way to avoid back pain. Check these tips for doing chores with back pain.
Table Of Content:
- 6 Best Vacuum Cleaner For Bad Back Reviews 2021
- 1. Aposen Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. Orfeld Cordless Vacuum, Stick Vacuum 4 In 1, Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Eureka Powerspeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Pet Turbo, Black
- 4. Bissell Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Teal
- 5. Shark Upright &Amp; Canister Upright Vacuum, One Size, Blue
- 6. Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Purple
- How Do You Vacuum With A Bad Back?
- How To Avoid Back Pain While Vacuuming?
APOSEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 18KPA Strong Suction 4 in 1 Lightweight Detachable Battery Stick Vacuum Cleaner
ORFELD Cordless Vacuum, Stick Vacuum 4 in 1, Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Pet Turbo, Black
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Teal
Shark Upright & Canister Upright Vacuum, One Size, Blue
Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Purple
6 Best Vacuum Cleaner For Bad Back Reviews 2021
A bad back can be problematic mostly because it can limit your mobility, making you not perform basic household tasks like vacuuming. There is a solution to this problem: investing in the best vacuum cleaner for bad back to ensure that you carry out your duties without enhancing the pain. In this review, we will outline the top six vacuum cleaners that will ease your bad back.
1. Aposen Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The APOSEN cordless vacuum cleaner is outstanding because its telescopic tube is easily adjustable, having two different heights. The stick comes in at the height of up to 29 inches for all height cleaning, making you have a convenient cleaning experience despite your back issues. It is equipped with a 200watts brushless motor that delivers high-speed suction power for every area cleaning. This is why it is the best vacuum cleaner for home use because it can clean any kind of floor and pick up every type of dirt.
This vacuum cleaner features a flexible floor brush that is thin enough to clean hard to reach areas. It comes with a 2 in 1 brush having a crevice nozzle that allows you to clean at any given time. The top-notch quality high capacity batteries work exceptionally well to guarantee a long life expectancy when cleaning. Notice that it is installed with a HEPA filter filtration system that traps debris, dirt, microscopic dust, delivering purified air in the house.
You will find this cordless vacuum cleaner easy to use because it is ultra-lightweight, weighing 2.45 lbs. This means no more worrying about back pain, and there is no limitation to cable because it is quite long. The cordless stick is equipped with a LED indicator having three LED lights that go off when the battery power goes down. After cleaning, you don’t have to endure complications disassembling this vacuum cleaner because it comes with a button that once you touch, it empties all the dirt and garbage.
Aposen Cordless Vacuum Features:
- A vacuum cleaner has a brushless motor that delivers high speed when cleaning while enabling super suction power to clean every area in the house.
- The APOSEN cleaner is installed with a HEPA filter that works exceptionally well to trap debris, microscopic dust, and dirt, providing clean air.
- This cordless vacuum cleaner comes with a 2 in 1 brush plus a crevice nozzle ideal for every occasion giving you an easy time to switch from stick to handheld vacuum.
- It is run by large-capacity batteries that can run for note less than five hours when charged fully. This is enough time to complete all your cleaning chores.
- A lightweight and detachable vacuum cleaner that offers convenience when cleaning makes you not tired when cleaning.
2. Orfeld Cordless Vacuum, Stick Vacuum 4 In 1, Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This is a handheld upright vacuum cleaner that offers 4 in 1 multi functionality whereby you can use it as a cordless cleaner or a handheld vacuum. Engineered with 120-watt powerful suction, this cordless vacuum can collect crumbs, debris, pet hair, and any other kind of dirt. The digital motor delivers ultra-quiet operation that eliminates noise when cleaning, meaning you will not cause any disturbance.
The 2200Mah 6-Cell Battery is powerful enough to deliver a one-time cleaning for an average house. You will love this stick vacuum’s self-standing design that enables you to start cleaning and stop anytime. It is designed with a 180° folding handle that guarantees no bending when washing and makes it easy for you to store.
A lightweight and a portable cordless vacuum cleaner that you can use to clean with ease from one room to the other. It is ergonomically designed to enable you to operate without any challenges. The Cyclonic Hepa Filtration system works excellently to eliminate 99% of particles and small microns. You can clean the filtering components without any obstacles because they are detachable.
ORFELD Cordless Vacuum Features:
- The ORFELD Cordless Vacuum cleaner is equipped with a robust 2200mah 6-cell Battery with 120-watts of suction that guarantees one-time cleaning in a standard house.
- It comes with a self-standing upright that enables you to clean without worrying about damaging the vacuum cleaner if it falls.
- The 180° folding handle ensures that you keep cleaning without bending over and allows you to carry the cleaner with ease.
- A digital motor is featured on this vacuum cleaner that guarantees ultra-quiet operation, meaning you will not cause any disturbances when cleaning.
- This cordless vacuum is installed with a Cyclonic Hepa Filtration system that eliminates 99% of particles and tiny microns.
3. Eureka Powerspeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Pet Turbo, Black
The Eureka Upright Vacuum Cleaner is exceptional due to its quality suction and broad cleaning path that delivers powerful suction for top-notch cleaning. Having the best upright vacuum cleaner bagless features makes this cleaner perform all cleaning tasks providing an outstanding deep clean. This vacuum can clean with five height adjustment settings with ease the deep carpet and hard floors.
This is a lightweight vacuum cleaner with a 12.6 in wide floor nozzle that cleans large areas in minimal time. Cleaning any floor will be enjoyable when using this Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner that comes inclusive of a dusting brush, cleaning wand, and crevice tool. Even with all that, this is still a portable vacuum cleaner, which allows you to clean efficiently without getting tired.
A PowerSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner has two wide dust cups that minimize emptying episodes. This ensures that you keep on cleaning uninterrupted until you are done with the area you had planned to clean. It is a good cheap vacuum cleaner that is excellent for pet owners due to the pet turbo tool that cleans pet dirt efficiently. You can maintain this cleaner without challenges thanks to the washable filters and bagless design.
Eureka PowerSpeed Features:
- This vacuum cleaner features five height adjustment settings that enable you to clean every surface effectively from bare floors to deep carpets.
- An outstanding cleaner is having robust suction and a broad cleaning path that guarantees exceptional cleaning performance.
- A Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with a large dust cup minimizes emptying instances making you have uninterrupted cleaning.
- The Eureka cleaner comes with a pet turbo tool crevice tool and a dusting brush ideal for pet owners.
- It is lightweight and portable with a 12.6 in wide floor nozzle to clean a vast area in less time.
4. Bissell Cleanview Swivel Rewind Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Teal
The Swivel Rewind cleaner features triple-action brush roll which eliminates dirt once it gets loose. By doing that, it ultimately gets rid of the dirt and pet hair, providing clean surfaces. The Scatter-Free Technology featured in this cleaner works exceptionally well to clean hard floors that prove difficult to clean and prevent debris scatter.
This Vacuum Cleaner has a 27’ power cord that automatically rewinds when you are done cleaning giving a good allowance for proper storage. You will be amazed by how the cord wraps itself automatically when you press the cord wrap button. This Cleanview vacuum cleaner delivers edge-to-edge cleaning thanks to its cleaning path width of up to 13.5 inches that can collect pet hair from the edge of a brush roll to the next.
The Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner is designed with a swivel steering that gives you an easy time cleaning areas with obstacles. Pet hair corner tool plus a pet turbo eraser tool are provided by this vacuum cleaner that makes it easy to clean annoying pet hair and dust in hard to reach areas. Once you are done cleaning, you don’t have to touch the dirt because the vacuum comes with an easy empty dirt tank.
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Features:
- It comes with an extension wand that enables you to reach far corners and tricky areas to clean your house.
- This Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner has a cleaning path width of up to 13.5 inches capable of collecting pet hair from the edge of a brush roll to the other.
- The automatic cord rewind feature ensures the cord wraps itself the moment you push the right button.
- A Swivel Steering is featured in this Bagless Vacuum Cleaner which is essential in cleaning difficult to reach areas.
- A Pet hair corner tool and a pet turbo eraser tool are featured in this vacuum cleaner, making it easy to clean pet hair and dust in hard to reach areas.
5. Shark Upright &Amp; Canister Upright Vacuum, One Size, Blue
If you have been looking for a vacuum cleaner that you can lift as you vacuum your seats, look no further than the Shark Upright & Canister Upright Vacuum. It is a lightweight reason you can lift the upright canister vacuum with ease anytime you want to clean. Weighing about 10.6 pounds, this vacuum can be maneuvered around with ease.
It is designed with outstanding suction technology that makes this upright vacuum suck in all the dirt and debris. You can choose to adjust the suction power by sliding the suction control button to the level that suits you best. The brush roll shut off feature makes this vacuum cleaner suitable for cleaning bare floors and superior carpets.
You will not have any challenges when cleaning because this Shark Upright vacuum cleaner features a 25ft lower power cord. That means you can clean from a distance without any challenges. This Upright Vacuum has a large capacity bagless dust cup that takes in the dirt and a bottom design to empty the dirt easily.
Shark Upright Features:
- A lightweight and portable vacuum cleaner that you can carry around with ease when cleaning any surface.
- It comes with a wide capacity bagless dust cup capable of taking in dirt and gets rid of it through the bottom-empty design.
- The suction technology incorporated in this upright vacuum works extensively in sucking in all the dirt and debris.
- It comes with a brush roll shut off feature ideal for cleaning any surface, whether bare floors or one superior carpet.
- A 25ft lower power cord is provided by this vacuum cleaner that allows you to clean efficiently from a distance.
6. Dyson V11 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Purple
We all love to live in a clean home because it promotes health, and that is what the Dyson V11 provides thanks to the Dyson technology. It works by trapping micro allergens, particles, and bacteria that make our lives unbearable. It is designed with a high torque cleaner head that works exceptionally well to deliver outstanding floor cleaning. You will note the stiff nylon bristles on this vacuum cleaner that drive deep into the carpet to get rid of the stuck dirt.
Change the way you clean your house by using this powerful cordless vacuum cleaner that allows you to clean without worrying about not reaching far areas. It features anti-static carbon fiber filaments that trap dust from floor surfaces and crevices. Due to its exceptional sucking power, this vacuum cleaner can deep clean your entire house with ease. It is engineered with the right tools meant to clean your home thoroughly.
This Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is perfect for homes with top-notch machine filtration that captures 99.9% of pet allergens, tiny microns, dust, and particles. With this best handheld vacuum cleaner cordless equipment, you will be able to do away with dirt from tight spaces. A dynamic load sensor system is provided by the Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner that works by changing speed during hard floor cleaning.
Dyson V11 Animal Features:
- This vacuum cleaner features the Dyson technology that traps micro allergens, particles, and bacteria, delivering a clean environment.
- A high torque cleaner head is incorporated in this cleaner that works by delivering remarkable cleaning regardless of how hard the floor is.
- The Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is equipped with excellent machine filtration that eliminates particles, 99.9% of pet allergens, dust, and tiny microns.
- Through the anti-static carbon fiber filaments , dust and dirt will be a thing of the past.
- The stiff nylon bristles on this vacuum cleaner go deep into the carpet to eliminate the stuck dirt.
How Do You Vacuum With A Bad Back?
If you have a bad back, you need to be careful when vacuuming not to enhance the pain. To do that, you have to invest in a good vacuum cleaner. Without that, you will always strain your back. Get a vacuum cleaner that enables you to vacuum without bending over. When vacuuming and having a bad back, make use of a vacuum cleaner that makes you stand straight.
With a bad back, you shouldn’t strain your back by all means to prevent triggering pain. Invest in a vacuum cleaner with the right features that enable you to keep your back in the correct posture. Avoid vacuuming in a way that over stretches your back; that is not healthy. Stand upright when vacuuming with your chest pushed out the military manner, and avoid using your back when moving back and forth.
How To Avoid Back Pain While Vacuuming?
You can avoid back pain easily when vacuuming as long as you stick to the right procedures. Back pain occurs when you overstretch your back, and that is the first thing you should avoid. Having back pain is not something you want to go through because of the discomfort it causes.
Here is how to avoid back pain while vacuuming:
- Bending over – This is the first thing you should avoid. If you have back pain bending over should not be entertained. Stand upright when vacuuming to ensure that the back pain does not increase.
- Twisting your body – When vacuuming, ensure that you don’t twist your body because you pressurize your vertebrae’s disks, making them herniate. Vacuum without making movements to prevent back pain.
- Neutral spine position – Anytime you are vacuuming, and you have back pain, you should ensure you keep a neutral spine position. This means your back should be straight to ensure that the spine’s three curves are well aligned.
- Keep the handle close to your hip – It is essential to keep the vacuum handle close to your hip when vacuuming to eliminate the pressure bestowed to your lower back. Push the vacuum close to your hip as you can, and your back will be safe.
- Keep moving – Don’t remain standing as you vacuum. You have to make movements but be cautious not to bend over. Step forward as you vacuum and keep moving all the way to keep your lower back in motion.
Frequently Asked Question
Can You Vacuum If You Have A Bad Back?
You can vacuum as long as you avoid straining your back. What you should avoid when vacuuming and you have a bad back to avoid bending over; remain upright at all times.
Can Vacuuming Cause Lower Back Pain?
Absolutely! Vacuuming involves straining the back because some machines make you bend over when cleaning.
Are Vacuum Cleaners Bad For Your Health?
Some vacuum cleaners, not all, can be bad for your health because they pollute the air with bacteria hence spreading infections such as allergies.
Can Vacuum Dust Make You Sick?
Once a vacuum cleaner brings back dust into the air, you can be sick. So, yes, vacuum dust can indeed make you sick if the right precaution is not undertaken.
If you have a bad back, vacuuming can prove to be one of the most challenging tasks. It is wise to have the best vacuum cleaner for bad back to give you an easy time vacuuming while allowing you to clean in less time. Avoid causing your back more pain by investing in this worthwhile cleaning device.
From the review, the best vacuum cleaner for bad back is the APOSEN Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. This is because it can clean any floor, and it is thin enough to reach far to clean areas. It has two adjustable heights making you clean while standing upright without hurting your back. Its motor is quite powerful, offering incredible suction power.