The robot vacuum cleaners are revolutionizing the way we clean our houses with automation in cleaning technology. More than 5 million robot vacuums around the globe are doing the dirty job, keeping the home clean automatically. They are efficiently keeping their owners out of the mess of cleaning their houses daily without interrupting their productivity.
However, not every robot vacuum will suit the floor type, cleaning area, or floor design your house has. Knowing the working process of a robot vacuum helps you understand how you can get the most out of the machine. In this article, I’ll help you understand how does a robot vacuum work and how you can use their features in the most efficient way possible.
Do robot vacuums work?
Robot vacuums are the perfect example of the blend between the traditional vacuum cleaning and the latest artificial intelligence. The best thing about the robot vacuum cleaners is, you can set it in your home, and it will do all the cleaning jobs on its own. All you have to do is, deploy a robot vacuum on the floor of your house and train it with the house mapping.
It will learn about the area; it’s going to keep clean, charge itself, clean the home on time, and dump the dust. However, you must choose the right robot vacuum to be able to clean your house efficiently. Not every vacuum cleaner can run over the rugs, under the sofa, or around the furniture. Only the capable robot vacuum can be the right tool to match the situation you have in your house and keep it clean.
How Does A Robot Vacuum Work?
Using a robot vacuum can be overwhelming as it does all the cleaning jobs, all on its own without your assistance. Here is how does a robot vacuum work; you should know it if you want to get the most out of your cleaner:
Mapping, navigating, and cleaning your house
The first thing your robot vacuum will do is to map your house to make a cleaning pattern. After getting your hands on the robot, you will put it on the floor, let it run across the floor, and map it. You will guide it the entire time with a remote controller or the controlling system it comes with. Once the machine completes the scanning for the whole floor, you can rest and let the robot take over the cleaning headaches.
Multiple sensors for efficiency
Robot vacuums come with a lot of sensors of different kinds, from infrared technology to camera sensors. They all work together to keep the vacuum safe, detect different situations and objects, and navigation systems. Here are the most common robot vacuum sensors that work in different methods and processes:
Every robot vacuum must have the wall detection sensors that can detect a wall and go alongside the wall to clean the corners. This sensor also can detect if the wall is not a hard one; instead, it’s a soft cloth hanging on the floor so that it can go through and keep cleaning.
The cliff sensor is the most important in any robot vacuum because if a robot cannot detect where the floor ends, it’s going to break! This sensor helps the robot determine if there is an edge of the floor ahead to stop there and keep it safe. It’s especially useful when you have stairs starting from the floor where the robot could fall from.
Most robot vacuums will come with multiple object sensors that can help you detect any object in the way and clean accordingly. If it detects furniture with openings around, it will go around, clean the surface, and avoid the leg of the furniture. It works as an impact sensor in your car for detecting an impact and popping the airbags out.
Robot vacuums also come with infrared or acoustic dust and dirt sensors that can detect almost any type of dust. The cleaner will detect any dust or dirt and go for a spot cleaning if you turn such features on. Using this feature, you can avoid cleaning your whole house every few days and make spot cleanings clean the whole house once in a week or more.
Pros And Cons Of Using A Robot Vacuum
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using a robot vacuum as the cleaning solution for your home:
Advantages of using a robot vacuum cleaner
- If you want a significant reduction in your cleaning time, getting a robot vacuum can be the best solution. You can rest from getting your manual vacuum cleaner every day and let the robot do it automatically.
- A robot vacuum can fit anywhere, including the restricted narrow space under the couch. Furthermore, it will significantly add a vibe or technology in your house, which is cool besides being super useful.
- The robot vacuum can clean any surface if you choose the one with the proper features and functionalities. If you have different surfaces like hard floors, carpet, or laminated floor, a robot vacuum can do it all.
- Most of the robot vacuums are smart home-friendly, so you can connect them to amazon Alexa or google home. Some even connect to your phone so that you can command them to clean the house when you’re on the way home.
- They are not as noisy as the traditional manual vacuums we use with hand. They work at a significantly low noise level and keep it peaceful inside your home and don’t bother you while cleaning.
Disadvantages Of Robot Vacuums
- The dust collection buckets of the robot vacuums don’t’ come as large as the traditional vacuums. However, some high-end robot vacuums come with a bigger dust box on the charging dock where they extract the dust.
- A robot vacuum only works on a level surface without too many bumps and lumps on the surface. Although it’s not common to have an uneven surface inside a house, it’s worth noting that they have this limitation.
- Another disadvantage of robot vacuums is, they can be low on battery power and give less backup. If you have a large home, be sure to purchase a robot vacuum with a large battery inside to have a proper backup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions about how robot vacuums work which you may find interesting and useful:
Do robot vacuums work on carpet?
How often do you run your robot vacuum?
Do robot vacuums learn your house?
Keeping your house clean can be the most annoying thing to do, especially if you have to concentrate somewhere else. The excessively busy lifestyle of the present world has made the daily house cleaner more difficult than ever. Using a robot vacuum cleaner can be the best decision you can take to keep your house clean.
However, the case should not be the same for every person to the same extent. You must know how does a robot vacuum work to choose the right cleaner for your house. Choose the right robot vacuum that suits your floor type and know if it can work alongside the furniture you have in your room to make it work.