Carpets bring a modern and warm vibe to the decoration of a room, especially when added in the stairs. Besides, it protects the floor and helps you stand out from other typical houses. However, cleaning and keeping it in good condition is necessary to ensure longevity. Surely, several ways are available to clean the carpet but using a dedicated carpet cleaner is the best way.
If you get the best carpet cleaner for stairs specifically, it’ll be both fast and convenient while cleaning. Since not all carpet cleaners provide the same service, you must choose the best carpet cleaner for stairs. Stick to this article to find the next carpet cleaner to clean your stairs.
What is the Best Way to Clean Carpet on Stairs?
You can clean your stair carpet in different ways based on how much dirt and debris have grown in it. If there is a little amount of dust on the carpets, you can simply wipe it using a stiff brush. Besides, if the stair carpet gets a stain, you can use shampoo and water to clean it by hand. You will find different types of shampoos to clean the stair carpet.
However, if the carpet gets deeply dirty after a certain period even with regular cleaning, use a good carpet cleaner. It’s an easy way to clean carpet on stairs that usually get deeply dusty. You will find specially designed vacuum cleaners that are lightweight, easy to move and deliver good suction. Use a vacuum cleaner; it’ll spray shampoo on the carpet, scrub it, and extract all the dirt out.
Table of Content:
Want to jump into a specific section of this content? Or want to perceive everything we have discussed below? Well, check out the table below:
- What is the Best Way to Clean Carpet on Stairs?
- 5 Best Carpet Cleaner for Stairs Reviews 2021
- How to Clean Carpet on Stairs?
- Wrapping It Up
We have created a comparison chart with some good carpet cleaner. Check the section below to make a better decision.
5 Best Carpet Cleaner for Stairs Reviews 2021
Since people want to clean carpets in the easiest but effective way, the demand for carpet cleaner has increased. From the market flooded with different brands and models, it’s difficult to find the best carpet cleaner for stairs. But our expert team did the research and has some suggestions for your next carpet cleaner; and here they are:
1. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Commercial Carpet Cleaner
Rug Doctor Commercial Carpet Cleaner is one of the most popular homes and commercial carpet cleaners right now. It allows you to clean deep dirt, stains, and household pet messes with 3 powerful steps. You’ll get powerful jets that spray the cleaning solution into the stair carpet to soften and loosen the dirt.
After that, its triple action vibrating brush scrubs the carpet to release the dirt that other steam cleaners might miss. Finally, it offers enhanced pro-grade suction with its powerful vacuum motor to completely clean the dirt from the carpet that makes it more effective and efficient for home and commercial use.
With its 3.9-gallon recovery tank, you can reduce your cleaning time since you need to less fill your tank. You can add a mini handheld upholstery scrubber tool as well to reach hard-to-reach areas for complete cleaning. It weighs only 39lbs including the large wheels and a foldable design that make it easy to use and store.
Rug Doctor Mighty Features:
- This carpet cleaner has a spray jet with a 3.9-gallon recovery tank that can spray adequate cleaning solution.
- It offers a triple-action powerful vibrating brush that thoroughly scrubs the carpet and releases the loose dirt from the carpet.
- You have a powerful vacuum motor that delivers pro-grade suction to effectively clean the dirt.
- It weighs only 39lbs for easy maneuver; you can add a mini handheld upholstery scrubber tool to reach narrow
- You’ll get large wheels that allow you to move it easily where its foldable design makes it easier to store.
2. Hoover SmartWash Automatic Carpet Cleaner
Hoover SmartWash Automatic Carpet Cleaner can be the best vacuum cleaner for stairs carpet with its complete cleaning design. It has the lexForce Pet PowerBrushes that will easily clean dirt, debris, and pet messes and resist pet odor buildup. You have a trigger-less design that mixes and dispenses the cleaning solution to the carpet when you push the cleaner forward.
This will remove any guesswork and ensure effective cleaning. With its spot chaser pretreat wand, you can easily detach and perform pretreat cleaning action to remove set-in stains. Oxy pretreat solution is there as well to make the job easier. This will easily loosen the stains from the stair carpet and clean it when you go forward.
Besides, it features dry-only mode along with the HeatForce. As a consequence, it will dry the carpet as you go backward and you can start using the carpet right after the cleaning. With its auto-clean lights, you can know when your machine is drying the carpet or cleaning it. It will give you peace of mind.
Hoover SmartWash Features:
- The carpet cleaner lexForce Pet PowerBrushes that scrubs and removes pet messes, dirt, and debris with ease.
- It easily mixes cleaning solutions and dispenses it with its trigger-less design that loosens the dirt for effective cleaning.
- You have Oxy pretreat solution that also loosens the stains and spot chaser pretreat wand pretreats stains as well.
- It dries the carpet quickly when you go backward with the machine that makes the carpet usable right after the cleaning.
- You can easily understand when the machine is the cleaning and when drying by seeing the auto clean light.
3. BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full Size Upright Carpet Cleaner
BISSELL ProHeat Carpet Cleaner is one of the top carpet cleaning machines you should consider buying for both home and commercial stair carpet cleaning. It comes with 12 rows of rotating dual dirt lifter power brushes. They’re good at removing and cleaning the dirt, debris, and odor from the stair carpet. With its 3″ Tough Stain Tool, it sucks and tough stains on the carpet and stairs as well.
You’ll have spray tips that can reach deep into the stair carpet to remove tough stains and odors. Also, it features two 8 oz. cleaning and anti-bacterial solution that keep your carpet clean and germ-free. Your family will remain safe with this cleaner. With its express clean mode, it will make your stair carpet ready and dry within 30 minutes.
The cleaner weighs less than 18 pounds and comes with a low profile foot. As a consequence, you can easily move it clean everywhere. Also, you have a 7 feet hose along with pet spot cleaning tools that allow you to reach tough places and clean thoroughly. So if you are in need of an effective stair carpet cleaner, this one can be a good choice.
BISSELL ProHeat Features:
- This carpet cleaner has 12-rows rotating dual dirt lifter power brushes that will clean the carpet without any stutter.
- It features a Stain Tool and a spray tip that loosen the stain and remove the odor from your carpet.
- You’ll get an antibacterial cleaning solution that can clean your carpet and remove the germs that may harm your kids.
- It has express cleaning mode to dry the carpet quickly and make it usable within 30 minutes.
- The hose is 7 feet long with 18 pounds weight to make it easy to move and clean the stair.
4. Bissell 3624 Spot Clean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner
If you’re after the best carpet cleaner for stairs, then you can consider the Bissell 3624 Spot Clean Carpet Cleaner. It comes with the scrubbing action that removes pet hair and dirt easily. Also, you have a professional cleaning solution with this cleaner to loosen the dirt for effective cleaning.
Besides, it features superior suction that sucks up all the loosen dirt, debris, and messes to remove permanently. It’s surely the best portable carpet cleaner for stairs with its portable design and 6″ Stair Tool for easy reach. You’ll get a 3″ Tough Stain Tool that lets you clean the tough stain in the stair. It may not be that easy to clean with regular steam cleaners.
With a trial-size bottle of clean and protection formula, cleaning was never easier. Also, moving and using the machine becomes even easier with its 13-pound weight. With its low profile design, you can reach narrow areas and clean the carpet effectively to remove dirt and odor. So overall, if you need a professional cleaner, this one may be a good option.
Bissell 3624 Features:
- The carpet cleaner comes with a scrubbing action that scrubs the carpet thoroughly and removes pet hairs, dirt, and debris.
- It has superior suction that sucks the dirt grown up in the deep of the stair carpet for maximum cleaning.
- You have a professional cleaning solution and protect-formula to remove stains permanently from the carpet.
- It features a 6″ Stair Tool along with a 3″ Tough Stain Tool that removes almost everything from the stairs.
- You can easily move and use the machine with its 13-pound weight and low profile design.
5. Vacmaster Wet Dry Shampoo Vacuum Cleaner
Vacmaster Wet Dry Shampoo Vacuum Cleaner is a 3-in-1 solution with complete cleaning solution for your stair carpet. It comes with 5.5 Peak HP high powered suction that sucks a good amount of dirt from the carpet. This suction makes it a great vacuum for detailing cars. You have spray and shampoo options as well to complete the cleaning process as well.
With its 8 Gallon large capacity tank, it delivers a long time of ceaseless cleaning. There is an external detergent tank as well. You have a washable PTFE cartridge filter along with the HEPA material filtration. It will clean up to 99.97% of microscopic air particles. A foam filter is there as well for wet cleaning. That means you will get a perfect cleaning from pet hairs, dust, odors, and stains.
It features a remote operation control that makes it easier to use. With its anti-noise foam besides motor, it makes less than 72dBA noise so that you do not disturb others. You’ll have a dust bag with it as well. So overall, you can expect a good stair carpet cleaning service from this cleaner.
Vacmaster Wet Features:
- The carpet cleaner has a 5.5 Peak HP high suction power that effectively sucks dirt from carpet, and stairs.
- You have spray and shampoo options that loosen the dirt from the carpet and make it easy to clean.
- It features an 8 Gallon large capacity tank along with an external detergent tank that ensures long time cleaning.
- You can get rid of the smallest dust particles with its washable PTFE cartridge filter and HEPA material filtration.
- The motor has an anti-noise foam that reduces the noise and creates less than 72dBA noise.
How to Clean Carpet on Stairs?
When you have a good carpet cleaner for stairs, you can easily clean the carpet. All you have to do is to follow the process below.
Use scrub brush:
A good cleaner comes with a scrub option that effectively scrubs and removes pet hairs, dust, and debris from the carpet. With a vacuum or suction, you cannot go deep to clean those things at all. Scrubbing can make things easier and bring out all those dirt and hairs from the deep.
After the scrubbing, you will see that all that dirt has come out and got loose. You can now use the suction of the cleaner to effectively suck those loosen dirt from the carpet of your stairs. Start from the top stair and continue doing until you clean the last stair.
Another good feature of a good cleaner is its spray or shampoo feature. You will find a cleaner solution or sprays available in the cleaner. Now you need to apply it with the cleaner through the carpet. This is surely the most useful way to clean the carpet. When spraying, try to use a scrub to loosen the dirt once again for even better cleaning.
Dry it out:
If you have a good cleaner, it will have a drying option for sure. Use that feature and dry it out. Even some cleaners offer to dry instantly. Use that so that you can use the carpet right after cleaning it. Make sure you have dried it properly.
After drying it out, you need to perform a final vacuuming. This is important because there will be something on the carpet that you cannot see before the cleaning. A final vacuuming or suction can clean those up and ensure a perfect cleaned carpet for your stairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions? Check the section below where we have answered some commonly asked questions.
Is it better to shampoo or steam clean carpets?
Steam cleaning the carpet may not be able to clean some stubborn stains from the carpet. In that case, shampooing can be the best option to deeply clean the carpet.
How often should you clean your carpet?
In general, you need to clean the stair carpet twice a week. However, when it comes to deep cleaning, twice a year will be suitable for your home to get a cleaned carpet.
What can I put on stairs instead of carpet?
If you do not want to use carpet on your stairs, you can use tiles since there are versatile options of tiles available. Also, you can use hardwood that looks great and offers versatility as well.
Do carpets get dirty faster after cleaning?
Well, it depends on the room weather and the moisture you have in the air. However, if you have a good cleaner, it will dry your carpet during the cleaning process.
Should I clean my carpets myself?
You should clean your carpet regularly by yourself if you feel comfortable. You know, no one will clean it as carefully as you but make sure you know how to do it properly.
Wrapping It Up
Cleaning your carpet on the stairs is very important since this is the gateway to enter your rooms. To clean the stair carpet in the easiest way, you should use a carpet cleaner. It will help you clean the carpet thoroughly without putting too much effort. We have portrayed some good carpet cleaners for stairs.
If you are not sure about the best carpet cleaner for stairs, I’ll suggest you go for the Bissell 3624 Spot Clean Carpet Cleaner. It offers scrubbing action, a professional cleaning solution, and superior suction that clean the carpet thoroughly. Also, it is easy and convenient to use. So, this one can be an ideal option to choose for cleaning the carpet on your stairs.